Wednesday, September 10, 2008

David's High Adventure!

In August I was fortnuate enough to go on the High Adventure camp with the Boy Scouts. We actually ended up having 3 adults and only two youth. We went backpacking to the Wind River Mountains in Wyoming. It was a 6 mile hike in with our packs which was about a 400 foot gain in elevation. We also took a day and hiked up to the Cirque of the Towers. This crosses the Continental Divide and was another 5 miles but with at least a 4000 foot gain in elevation! Phew! I felt like a mountain goat. This one really tore me up. I could barely walk the rest of the trip. They almost had to carry me out. Oh well! It was fun and an experience I'm glad I didn't miss!When you see me around and I'm still walking funny....you know why!
-
-
This is a picture of Tristan and I eating Orange Chicken (Tristan's new favorite dish) at Panda Express in Sugarhouse.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Orange chicken? That's funny Tristan.

Anonymous said...

Hey Montana looks amazing, and you look like you're trimming up too! Tristan is starting to look more like you too-give him a big kiss from Aunt Cat.

Anonymous said...

The pictures are beautiful,Dave ...
I can see why you enjoyed it so much! I'm really glad you got to go and hope you're walking easier now!

I love you all.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tristan! Orange chicken sounds m-m-m good! I love you sweetie.