Saturday, March 21, 2009

Happy Birthday Jeremy!


1. Tell us about your job. What do you do on an average day at work?
My responsibilities at work have changed just recently. For the last year and a half I have worked as a Recruiter for the hospitals and clinics in our county. This means that I would work directly with the managers of different departments to fill vacant positions. This included knowing the job descriptions and basic requirements for every position, creating a job posting on our website, screening candidates, setting up interviews, checking references, figuring salaries, making offers, coordinating new-hire orientation, paperwork, etc. I would also get to attend career fairs at several local universities, teach classes at local junior high school’s about careers in healthcare, and facilitate New Employee Orientation.

In my new job as a Human Resources Consultant I am learning about the world of projects. Besides working on special projects my responsibilities include handling conflict resolution, employee relations, unemployment hearings, sexual harassment claims, employee compensation & benefits, and strategic planning with management to further best practices in the organization.

2. What are your interests and hobbies?
My interests are home improvement, tennis, racquetball, basketball and camping. I enjoy playing with Boston when I get home from work and going for walks with the family. There are amazing views from just about anywhere in our neighborhood so that makes walking especially enjoyable. This will be the first spring/summer that we have yard of our own and I anticipate getting into gardening and yard work.

3. What is something that most of the family might not know/realize about you?
I am the 11 year old scout leader in my neighborhood and I thoroughly enjoy it. As a youth I was fortunate enough to have some exceptional scout leaders that kept me from getting into more trouble than I already had. They sacrificed so much of their time to help me to learn and develop as a young man. I am happy that I can give back to the youth in my neighborhood. It is so much fun to see the excitement that they have about the smallest thing. It’s amazing to have them tell me that they want to do service projects and that they don’t want to allow video games on their upcoming campout. I’m just glad that I get to work with them.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Wow, I didn't realize how much you do at work, Jermy. It sounds like you never have a "dull" moment. Mom