Friday, August 21, 2009

Tammy's Birthday Spotlight!


Tell us about your job. What do you do on an average day at work?
Besides being a mother which is much more challenging than I thought I am a nurse. I work with babies. I typically have three babies that I take care of for 12 hours. I will never complain about a 12 hour shift again. Anyway I assess the babies, feed them, bath them, give them medicine and shots, I love them. I coordinate care with all the doctors and multidisciplinary teams that care for the babies. Pretty much I save lives everyday.

What are your interests and hobbies?
I love to sleep. I am not getting much of that lately, which makes me sad. I also love baths especially with Canyon. I love to swim and be in the sun. I like to ride my bike. I enjoy painting even though it looks like a five year old painted them. I like watching movies. I really enjoy everything but working out, I try to convince myself that I love it but I don't.

What is something that most of the family might not know/realize about you?
In high school I was in the marching band. I was on the drumline and played the symbols during the parades. Believe it or not I was the smallest girl with the biggest symbols. I had the most amazing guns!! Also when John and I were dating I would make up my own words. John thought it was funny. I didn't do it on purpose it just came out. I lost that cork a few years ago.

2 comments:

Darla said...

I didn't know you played the symbals, Tammy! Maybe you could do that for the talent show ???

I didn't know that you used to make up words, either ...... Paul used to do that, too! That's funny.

Anonymous said...

I hope you had an awesome birthday Tammy!! Thanks for helping us get to know you a little better! I am SO GLAD you are part of our family!!
-Camille