Thursday, February 26, 2009

Happy Birthday Cat!

I've been at Fiddler's Elbow in Sugarhouse for 3 yrs- I am in the top 5% for having the highest, most consistant sales for specials/ desserts. I've been expiditing on fridays which means I organize the food coming out of the kitchen and make sure it gets to the right restaurant (since we have one kitchen that makes 2 restaurants food). This can be challenging because I am hardly tall enough to distinguish a med rare prime rib from a meatloaf or a flank steak...I'm on my tippy toes most of the night.

School has been pretty rough this semester and it is going to be tooth and nail to the finish. I have had to scrap my current project because it felt too negative for me-I'm not even going to be able to use the beautiful canvases Brian built for me-yet (sorry Bri). But it is imperitve to be able to walk away from something if its not working-thats half the battle. I will however go back to doing drawings in public-probably on paper. Hopefully it will be worth it in the end.I get through it by swimming laps when I can-its where I do alot of my creative thinking also.

I also love to hike, camp and travel and look forward to summer!After the summer is over and I regain my sanity I am thinking about looking into being a wine rep. It would be something I could do to stay close to the restaurant biz without being a server/manager or owner(all not fun jobs). I would get to go to Napa to learn about wine and I would even teach classes to servers and managers about it. Maybe I will move to wine country and take life slow..sounds good to a day dreamer like me!

1 comment:

Editor said...

I hope you have a fabulous birthday Cat!!

Keep on truckin' through that last semester! Good luck!